My foundation in software engineering includes over fifteen years of industry experience in programming, system design, requirements analysis and database administration. Through experience in effective staff development I have gained an understanding of the skills our students must have to be successful in their future careers. Along with academic skills my students learn the vital 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
2017 - present
Global Ecology House, Poolesville High School.
In my third year at PHS I am teaching AP Seminar to the 9th grade students in the Global Ecology House. I am also teaching one section of AP Computer Science A and one section of AP Computer Science Principles.
2014 to 2017
Technology Education, Clarksburg High School
For three years, I was a technology teacher at Clarksburg High School in Clarksburg, MD. While at Clarksburg HS, I taught Foundations of Technology (FOT), Designing Technology Solutions (DTS), Web Development and AP Seminar.
2009 to 2013
Director, Technology Product Management, Global Impact
- Managed all aspects of Global Impact's technology products and an awe-inspiring team of software engineers.
- Provided custom online giving software to the world's two largest workplace-giving campaigns. Together these campaigns raised a total of $317 million during my tenure.
- Designed new technology products to help the organization expand to better serve their nonprofit and corporate customers.
- Designed and built a customized Salesforce.com implementation with a strong governance and training program.
1998 to 2008
IT Senior, University of Florida
- Designed and maintained critical University HR and finance databases.
- Served as team lead of both the financial systems group and the change control team.
- Served as senior member of PeopleSoft ERP implementation technical staff.
- Led configuration, staff training, and implementation of IT portfolio management software.
- Provided requirements analysis, system design, development and documentation of a University-wide travel system implemented in Java and C++.
2014 Cohort, Alternative Certification for Effective Teachers (ACET)
ACET is an innovative teacher preparation program for talented individuals who wish to become teachers in MCPS secondary schools. The competitive program is designed to address MCPS needs for excellent teachers in high demand fields by recruiting candidates in areas such as Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Technology Education.
I live in Germantown, Maryland, with my husband Mike where we are often visited by our four children and three grandchildren.